Registration & Preliminary Round
- Each team is supposed to upload two A4 pages of the preliminary plan that matches with the requirements of competition. Please download the format of the preliminary plan from our website, finish it and upload it before preliminary round ends. Max 5MB PDF file.
- Format link : Download
- Fill out a registration form online including an overview of your preliminary ideas based on the following points :
The key contexts of your community problemsThe descriptions of problem contexts and the business ecosystem of your community.
Your strategy of problem solvingThe stakeholders, resources and strategic analyses.
The potential impact while the project being executedThe feasibilities of social innovation, social entrepreneurship and environmental innovation.
- The chairman of referee committee of ACABT will invite ten academic and business specialists of green economy across APEC economies to score the preliminary plans. Each referee will score 100 points based on the following four principles. The chairman will organize the committee, not directly scoring by case, but be engaged in judging the tie-up situations through implementing simple voting.
- Innovative Insights (25 pts) : Capable of finding key community problems related to social and environmental issues of green economy or green energy.
- Context Reasoning (25 pts) : Capable of reasoning the contexts of problems and their long-term influences.
- Feasibility of Innovation (25 pts) : Capable of proposing innovative and feasible ideas, methods, activities, or business models for solving the problems.
- Changes and Impacts (25 pts) : Capable of mapping the changes of and impacts on community after the project implementation.
- All scores will be summed up. The top 20 teams will be enrolled in the semi-final. APEC ACABT will publish the enrolled list on 2018/04/07.
- The competition rules will be announced in a MOOC guidebook published on March 21st, 2018, including the requirements of courses, materials, procedure, work formats, learning frequency, time intervals, norm and standard of scoring. The learning and competition activities are:
- Actively participating and mutually sharing on the MOOC in three modules of learning.
- Presenting the learning result, uploading a film of no more than 2 minutes (expected to present it in form of ppt, prezi, keynote, or video; etc.).
Module Time period Content Module 1 2018/04/16 - 05/10 Clear vision and mission, problem and opportunity identification, exceptional leadership and team building Module 2 2018/05/11 - 06/10 Stakeholder communication, ecosystem evaluation and adequate resources and funding searching. Technology-based products, innovative service models and expertise, including knowledge and management skills (basic accounting, marketing, and so on)
- Film Submission: Upload the film on YouTube and provide the links.
- Copyrights of all films and works belong to the authors, but the organizer has the right to use these materials for the purpose of public advantages.
- The accumulated points of each team will be constantly updated on a performance dashboard at any time.
- ACABT will subsidy 1 student and 1 mentor from the teams to join the final pitch. It is included the airfare (economic class) , accommodation and the local expenses. ACABT has the final decision to select the funding teams.
- Final Pitch is divided into 2 parts (Online and Offline). Based on the same principles of semi-final to participate in MOOC, finish the module 3by uploading the image of revised preliminary proposal. It may also be supported by adding one more film of no more than 2 minutes to explain your plan. (The video is optional)
- For the offline Final Pitch: Attend a 3-day Event in Bangkok, including a workshop training course, offline final pitch presentation and real case technique forum on demo site.
Module Time period Content Module 3 2018/06/21 - 08/15 Entrepreneurial performance demonstrated in community readiness, capability/capacity building, cost-effective business modeling, co-created benefits sharing, knowledge prevalence by problem solving and the awareness of behavior change
- The organizer may cancel the qualification of any team at any time if they are found to get involved in counterfeiting, plagiarism, etc., and will be disqualified from all kinds of awards.
- The published works will be selected and presented on the official websites.